About Desktop Application
Rising Wings leverages the best-of-technologies to develop rich, user-friendly and effective Desktop Applications that work offline and run off the web browser. We engage in designing and building Desktop applications that involve Visual Basic development, C# development, VB.NET development, ASP.NET development and other technologies.
BENEFITS OF DESKTOP APPLICATION
- STRENGTHEN COLLABORATION BETWEEN INTERNAL TEAMS
- Since the user keeps his or her data on their own computer systems (the program is running off the user’s desktop), this makes it harder for hackers to gain access to people’s data.
- The typical business development professional may not be fluent in systems layout, just as an engineer isn't necessarily versed in the sales process. It takes a diverse set of skills to design, develop and market a product, and each skill is vital. The product manager works as a universal translator between processes, so that each employee can dedicate themselves to developing the skillsets that will best serve the customer in their current role.
- It is very easy to write desktop applications that take advantage of the user’s hardware (such as: scanners, cameras, WiFi, serial ports, network ports, etc.)
- Desktop applications can be portable, but most are *not* portable and require manual installation from the user.
- Desktop applications usually need to be manually updated (or at least have manual approval) to install updates.
- Typically you will find that well-written desktop software running on a decent computer runs faster than web applications.